5.02.2010

Illustrated Books

Ah, the Illustrated book. The lovely images seduced my imagination as a child with stories such as "Katy No-Pocket," "Say Hello, Vanessa," and much more. Now, as a much older child, I am still entranced by the innocent simplicity of their stories. A morning spent sipping an Americano while wandering through the children's section of the Country Bookshelf in downtown Bozeman found myself delighted at the treasures I found. Among them, "Forever Friends" by Carin Berger was exceptionally delightful. Consisitng of cut-paper collage and lovely graphic shapes it is an inspiration indeed. I am working on my second book, an illustrated story of an overseas trip. Images are sure to come soon. In the mean time, you simply must visit Carin's website. It is quite charming indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment