6.13.2010

A Good Morning

Vintage signage is a quaint and cheery thing. The cheesy slogans paired with quirky names and excessive use of exclamation marks combines to create a delightful and happy-go-lucky aura emanating to it’s viewers. In the 1940‘s and 50’s a typographic style became popular that utilized hand-lettering in printed advertisements and signage. Typeface’s such as the Reklame Script used here created by Hannes von Döhren in 2010 are exemplary of that style.
Funny how a typeface can conjure up such random and entertaining inspiration. It’s also funny how when you wake up at 4:30am quite accidentally on a Sunday morning what you find yourself thinking about. For me, obviously coffee. 
Either that or squawking birds. I was on a deliciously long run and I swear, two croaking crows followed me creepily for 4 blocks or so, making slow swooping dives at my head. Thankfully, I survived my run unscathed.
Coffee and crows aside, it’s been a good morning.
Sun’s up, I’m up.











No comments:

Post a Comment